I recently learned the difference. Frittata is usually made on the stove so its got more of an omelet type of feel to it, while Quiche on the other hand is baked and also has a crust.
What did I make? Neither apparently. It’s kinda just a quiche without the crust, because, carbs.
For my filling I used spinach, onion, garlic, fake meat crumble, and GRUYERE. If you haven’t had Gruyere yet you have not lived. Honestly. I just got life last year when I had it for the first time. Gruyere originates in Switzerland. So add that to the list of things the Swiss have that is the best – banks, chocolate, and cheese ( I think its time to move there…)
Anyways here’s what I did:
– 1 Package baby spinach (any recipe I use I assume one package is what it calls for)
– 1 sweet white onion chopped finely
– 1 package of the packaged garlic chopped, from Trader Joe’s (again, I assume one package is necessary for any dish)
– 1 package Gruyere shredded
– Non beef beef crumbles (you do NOT need to add this if you don’t wanna)
– Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning
– 8 eggs (use less egg yolk if you like)
– 2 tbs milk
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Whisk together eggs, milk, and cheese – I used an electric whisk because I’m too lazy to do it on my own for that long.. Season with salt, paper, Italian seasoning and set aside
– Place oil in pan and saute garlic and onion – add in spinach and then non beef beef
– Place above mixture into quiche dish, then add in egg mixture on top
– Bake for 13-15 Minutes
– Hope for the best!