Honestly, I’ve got to thank Pinterest, it’s been such an inspiration.
The other day I saw a photo of Lasagne Soup and of course I absolutely then had to make it. This was the recipe we used:
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. Italian sausage
- 3 c. chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes – or be generous because you’re a nice person
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 28-oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 c. chicken stock/veggie stock/any stock
- 8 oz. mafalda or fusilli pasta
- 1/2 c. finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the cheesy yum:
- 8 oz. ricotta
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
In a saucepan brown the meat – then add in garlic and onion (till onion is translucent.
Add in bay leaves, and tomato paste – cook till paste is rusty brown in color – then add in dried basil and red pepper flakes.
Once its mixed add in fire roasted tomatoes and stock – cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
After it’s been simmering – go ahead and put in the pasta, cover and cook again.
If you’re smart like us – you’ll be snacking on wine, and sweet potato chips with dip because this simmering business is the worst.
In a separate bowl mix in ricotta, parmesan, and some crushed black pepper – set aside.
After pasta is cooked – mix in chopped basil.
In each person’s bowl add in a bit of the cheesy mixture along with some mozzarella because why not.